Confidence can be your secret weapon to overcoming obstacles, achieving your goals, and opening doors to success. If you’re insecure or unsure of yourself you may have difficulty believing in yourself. Here are 6 tips to help you build your confidence!
- Smile! If you’re not smiling daily, you’re missing out! Smiling provides you with health benefits (reduce stress) and emotional benefits (smiling helps you to be happier). Plus – you’re much more likely to get a compliment on your smile than on your frown.
- Take time for your health, and exercise. You’ve likely heard this on more than one occasion – exercise is an excellent mood booster and a great way to feel better about yourself.
- Be kind to others. The act of being kind to someone is a mood booster and a great way to help ourselves feel accomplished, thus boosting our confidence. Next time you’re feeling insecure, help someone out!
- Stop worrying about rejection. One of the biggest reasons we lack confidence is due to a fear of rejection. We must overcome our fears of rejection by realizing that our fears are often just our assumptions and negative thoughts. “There’s nothing to fear but fear itself.”
Is fear holding you back? You may enjoy reading our recent post: How to Conquer Your Fear of Failure.
- Sometimes we set the bar to unattainable heights, making it almost impossible for success. Instead, set smaller goals and lower your expectations.
- Find your courage. Confidence and courage often go hand in hand. As you grow more courageous you’ll find you also grow more confident and are more willing to go after what you want.
Do you have any tips for boosting your confidence? Let us know in the comments or join us on Facebook!