A recent blog post by Liz Smith of The Connected Life, entitled My Happiness Comes from Me, prompted me to take an action. Rather than simply making the promise to myself, I chose to send Liz a note in the comment section of her post. I wanted her to witness my promise to do something new.
My promise: to say a gratitude prayer each day before I get out of bed.
Now, I know this is not a scientific experiment. Also, I know prayer is powerful. Maybe some planets and stars suddenly aligned favorably. All I know is that I have had much more motivation and have accomplished more on a cleaning-and-sorting project than I had in a loooong time. More happy feelings! Less beating-myself-up self talk from the sock puppets. More love and contentment in my heart.
I am grateful for the existence of gratitude.
I decided to pass along a bunch of tweetable quotes to inspire more Gratitude and Kindness.
The 1st is from my own experience.
* “A gratitude prayer on awakening brings sunshine into my day.” ~ Dena Clayton
* “Gratitude is the memory of the heart.” ~ Jean Baptiste
* “Blessed are those that can give without remembering and receive without forgetting.” ~ author unknown
* “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” ~ Booker T. Washington
* “Gratitude is the sign of noble souls. ” ~ Aesop
* “Peace begins with a smile.” ~ Mother Teresa
* “Saying thank you is more than good manners. It is good spirituality.” ~ Albert Painter
* “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” ~ Gandhi
* “The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.” ~ Eric Hoffer
Two more of my favorites are from the man who created Peter Pan,
* “Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.”
As well as,
* “Always be a little kinder than necessary.” ~ James M. Barrie
Thank you, dear Readers. Do you see a quote you’d like to share?
ALSO ~ Hop on over to the Go Gratitude site. They are having another Unity Wave of Gratitude.