Are you mindful, or is your mind full?
Mindfulness is a practice that is being embraced across the globe. Many business people, work-at-home parents, and the everyday busy man are learning to embrace mindful living and put the practice in place in their busy lives. And you can too.
Even when you are busy, there are a few steps you can do to live more mindfully, including:
- Limit distractions when you are with friends or family by turning off electronics
- Avoid multi-tasking as this restricts your focus
- Acknowledge what is causing you stress, then release it
- Spend 10 – 15 minutes daily meditating, more if you feel up to it
- Practice acceptance and compassion by letting go of judgment
- Expect less and enjoy what you have
- Worry less and smile more
- Be thankful and give gratitude
Benefits of Mindful Living:
As you incorporate mindfulness in to your everyday life, you’ll begin to experience a plethora of benefits, including:
- Being present in the moment
- Being aware of your thoughts
- Better able to handle emotions
- Better able to handle stressful situations
- Better able to focus
- Teaches self-compassion
- Teaches patience
- Teaches peacefulness
What are some ways you practice mindful living? What benefits have you found by living more mindfully? Let us know in the comments.